Council on Credentialing in Pharmacy
(Approved August 2006)
Mission: The Council on Credentialing in Pharmacy provides leadership, guidance, public information, and coordination for the profession of pharmacy’s credentialing programs.
Vision Statement: The vision of the Council on Credentialing in Pharmacy is that all credentialing programs in pharmacy will meet established standards of quality and contribute to improvement in patient care and the overall public health.
- Develop guiding principles and promote established standards for credentialing programs in pharmacy, and foster the application of these principles;
- Educate pharmacists, other health professionals, payers, employers, and the public about pharmacy’s credentialing programs and their value in enhancing the quality of pharmacy practice and patient care;
- Collect and disseminate information on existing credentialing programs in pharmacy and those relevant to pharmacy;
- Assess the need of the profession and the public for additional credentialing programs in pharmacy;
- Establish a forum for discussion and collaboration among pharmacy credentialing programs;
- Engage in efforts to support, enhance, and strengthen credentialing in pharmacy; and
- Provide leadership and skill development for individuals and organizations working within the pharmacy credentialing area.