What is Certificate Program?
Structured and systematic postgraduate educational experiences for pharmacists that are generally smaller in magnitude and shorter in time than degree programs, and that impart knowledge, skills, attitudes, and performance behaviors to meet specific pharmacy practice objectives.
Each certificate program must include the follow components:
- A didactic component such as live seminars, home study Internet-based materials, etc
- A hands-on component such as practice experiences, simulations, and/or such activities to assure demonstration of the skill or application of the stated professional competency.
- Formative and summative assessment for each program.
How many modules does a certificate program include?
- A certificate Program may include one module (one UAN) or multiple modules (multiple UANs).
- In order to receive the certificate, you must complete ALL modules of the program. However, if you only complete 2 out of 3 modules, for example, you will still get credit for those activities, but you won’t receive the certificate.
How will I receive credit for a certificate program and will it show on my transcript?
- The ACPE provider will award ACPE CE credit to the pharmacist and/or pharmacy technician for the UANs (modules) completed via CPE Monitor®, and, if applicable…
- Award completion of the ACPE Certificate Program (CPN) via CPE Monitor®.
- You will be able to view your completed certificates on your transcript like you would any other credit you receive. To see an example of how to view your completed certificate programs on your transcript, please click HERE
Will the Certificate Program Number (CPN) look the same as a Universal Activity Number (UAN)?
- No. The CPN will be in the following format: Provider ID – Year – Sequence Number (ex. 0197-21-001)
Who should you contact if you don’t see your credit in your NABP profile?
- Contact the ACPE Provider directly. You can find a list of ACPE accredited providers and their contact informationHEREand Jointly Accredited providers HERE
- If the issue can’t be resolved after contacting the provider, you can contact CPE Monitor firstname.lastname@example.org
Who should you contact if you don’t remember your NABP e-PID or your e-Profile login?
- You should contact NABP at 847-391-4406 or at email@example.com
- Please remember that your credit will be rejected by CPE Monitor if the provider does not have your correct NABP ePID information